Won't publish on new computer but same file will publish on the old computer.

I have an old Toshiba computer which I used until the beginning of this year when the hinge broke and made transporting it impossible. I now have a new HP Pavilion computer which I am not sure has ever managed to publish a sailwave file for me. I have just spent ages tranfering information from the new computer to the old one and it publishes the results fine. I then transferred the file from the old one to the new one via a usb stick but the file will still not publish. I was previously using the same version of sailwave on both computers but now have updated the new one to the latest version. I have had no success in publishing files in either version on this computer. Help!! We have an interclub race next week and I need to be able to publish!

Hi,

The key bit of information is new computer. Your problem could be

one of several things and not necessarily a Sailwave problem. I am
presuming your new computer is running Microsoft Windows 10.

Where are you trying to publish the results from Sailwave to?

• Sailwave web site

• club web site via FTP
    Starting with Sailwave, please try the following. Go to Setup |
    Global options and click the FTP tab. In the window that appears
    check the final box and try publishing results. I know it says
    “… leave unchecked if you are not sure”.

Next if you are using Windows 10 do you get any warning messages

about Sailwave being blocked? If so you need to say to the
firewall let Sailwave through.

If publishing to a club web site via FTP, can you connect using

either FTP in a command window or using a graphical FTP client
like FileZilla or CuteFTP. If so please try the same as setting as
above on the FTP tab of Setup | Global options.

Kind regards,

Huw

···

On 04/08/2019 14:08,
[sailwave] wrote:

c.i.waite@btinternet.com

I have an old Toshiba computer which I used until

the beginning of this year when the hinge broke and made
transporting it impossible. I now have a new HP
Pavilion computer which I am not sure has ever managed
to publish a sailwave file for me. I have just spent
ages tranfering information from the new computer to the
old one and it publishes the results fine. I then
transferred the file from the old one to the new one via
a usb stick but the file will still not publish. I was
previously using the same version of sailwave on both
computers but now have updated the new one to the latest
version. I have had no success in publishing files in
either version on this computer. Help!! We have an
interclub race next week and I need to be able to
publish!

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Wow! That worked. I ticked the passive thingy box.

Brilliant.

Thank you,

Chris

···

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 04 August 2019 14:25
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Won’t publish on new computer but same file willpublish on the old computer.

Hi,

The key bit of information is new computer. Your problem could be one of several things and not necessarily a Sailwave problem. I am presuming your new computer is running Microsoft Windows 10.

Where are you trying to publish the results from Sailwave to?

• Sailwave web site

• club web site via FTP

Starting with Sailwave, please try the following. Go to Setup | Global options and click the FTP tab. In the window that appears check the final box and try publishing results. I know it says “… leave unchecked if you are not sure”.

Next if you are using Windows 10 do you get any warning messages about Sailwave being blocked? If so you need to say to the firewall let Sailwave through.

If publishing to a club web site via FTP, can you connect using either FTP in a command window or using a graphical FTP client like FileZilla or CuteFTP. If so please try the same as setting as above on the FTP tab of Setup | Global options.

Kind regards,

Huw

On 04/08/2019 14:08, c.i.waite@btinternet.com [sailwave] wrote:

I have an old Toshiba computer which I used until the beginning of this year when the hinge broke and made transporting it impossible. I now have a new HP Pavilion computer which I am not sure has ever managed to publish a sailwave file for me. I have just spent ages tranfering information from the new computer to the old one and it publishes the results fine. I then transferred the file from the old one to the new one via a usb stick but the file will still not publish. I was previously using the same version of sailwave on both computers but now have updated the new one to the latest version. I have had no success in publishing files in either version on this computer. Help!! We have an interclub race next week and I need to be able to publish!

Virus-free. www.avast.com