Global Settings - 2 Sets of FTP credentials etc

Hi Jon, A bit of a strange request here (given the title) is there a way now or in the future that it would be possible to save and load a different set of Global Settings. As a member of 2 Sailing Clubs I have to switch between 2 sets of FTP settings. I guess I’m not the only one.

As always you are ahead of me in this case 7 years!!. I’ll continue as may well be useful for others. See Below

The Outstanding Question is can I use the STICK option without using a Stick say in 2 directories. I shall have a play latter and report back

I found this in the help
/stick

This is useful if you travel a lot and want to use Sailwave from a memory stick without affecting the computers you are using. Global options are read and written to a sailwave.ini file, which resides on the stick (as opposed to the Windows registry) and file open dialogs default to the stick rather than My Documents for example. You can simplify further by creating a shortcut on the stick with this option added.

And this in the forum
https://forum.sailingresults.co.uk/t/install-sailwave-on-thumb-drive-as-a-portable-app/3906

Thanks Keith

Hi Keith,
Something you might like to think about is using the publish to an external program and have a external program for each Sailing Club. Someone needed to use SFTP so came up with an external file which they have documented at http://badlywired.com/2016/09/sailwave-sending-files-scp-sftp/.

Just something for you to consider.
Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Keith,

Yes, the /stick would probably do what you want to do. Normally your settings specific to your installation are saved in the system registry. However, if you use the /stick it causes these to be written to a file named sailwave.ini You could have two shortcuts on the Desktop one configured with the /stick and the other without. This would give you two different settings one in the registry and one in the file.

If it is only the location you are publishing to then Huw’s suggestion will also work. If you select publish to an application - that application can be a batch file or a script so you can select different scripts for different locations.

Jon

Thanks Huw, Jon.

As I only have 2 sets to worry about I have gone for using a short cut with /stick and the ini file.

Should stop me publishing results to the wrong club.

As always your help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Keith

I while back I was looking for a way to have to separate sets of FTP details available to Sailwave as I do results for 2 different clubs.

Below is the final solution – Very Kindly suggested by Jon.

I created 2 batch files one for each club that overwrites the Sailwave registry entries for Sailwave FTP options then starts Sailwave.

You will need to change the parameter after /d in each command to be your settings and these need to changed in Sailwave first then edit the registry and extract the required strings. (Note the User and Password are encrypted in registry so you need to take the encrypted versions. – See warning in code below if you decide to export the key from the registry!!)

Start of file to paste…………………

REG ADD “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sailwave\Options” /t REG_SZ /v Ftppassive /d 0 /f
REG ADD “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sailwave\Options” /t REG_SZ /v Ftpserver /d “gygsc.org.uk” /f
REG ADD “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sailwave\Options” /t REG_SZ /v Ftpbase /d “” /f

Rem Warning**************
Rem Had to remove 1 of the back slashes in following command as USER Registry export & import has to use 2 slashes if there is a slash in the data
Rem SODS law that the encrypted Username has a slash in it!!!
Rem slash is an escape character in Reg commands
Rem Fine if importing the file but not if using Reg in a batch file like this…
Rem Make sure you eyeball the registry before and after while testing
Rem Or just paste values from registry rather than from an exported file.

REG ADD “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sailwave\Options” /t REG_SZ /v Ftpuser /d “…GNPP\NKKMK” /f
REG ADD “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sailwave\Options” /t REG_SZ /v Ftppass /d …QRHGBHFJKM /f
“C:\Program Files\Sailwave\sailwave.exe”

End of file to paste…………………

Note User and Password has been corrupted in this example.

If you save this as a .bat file (eg GygscRunSailwave.bat) create a shortcut on your desktop.

You can even give it back the Sailwave icon.
On shortcut, Right Click Properties,
Change ICON, and Pop C:\Program Files\Sailwave\sailwave.exe in the look for icons in this file box, and select Sailwave icon.

If you wanted any other bespoke Global Options these could also be added to the file such as file locations etc.

May be of use to Some.

Keith