XML to FTP export

Dear all,
I’m migrating to Sailwave from ZW and I’m writing a plugin to publish score on my wordpress website.

I would use the XML output as source for my PHP script that relies on WordPress table method and pagination.
Is any function to output the XML directly to an FTP or send the scoring using an API?

I saw some built-in export, is possible to configure a personalized output that push the XML file to an FTP or something else like send it to an url using post method?
I’ve read that in past someone tried to use the html output, but I think is stupid use it when there is a well-structured XML file.

As I am a race officer I can’t make the rankings during a regatta in my club and the secretary isn’t very technology so I have to make a just-one-click solution.

Obviously I will release the plugin free and open source.

Hi Brambil,
Welcome to Sailwave.
Is it

• Menu - File - save as XML File, that you are wanting to use or
  • Menu - Plugins send results as XML

If it is the first one there is also a save as JSON file which is more compact as it doesn’t contain any redundant fields (Make sure you use 2.29.6 or later available from this forum)
These files are basically the same as the .blw (CSV files) but in XML or JSON format
All the info is here but it is a bit more difficult to understand

The second is really the formated output that goes into the html file
This was written for sailing.today who only did one-design racing. I could expand it to cover handicap racing but there has never been a request for this - Although from what you are wanting to do I think may be the best solution

Here you can save it to a file or you can click the send button
The Send button actually calls a separate program SendXML.exe so you could replace this with a program of your own and this could then automatically FTP or whatever method you choose to upload the file.

You might like to look at this post on here
https://forum.sailingresults.co.uk/t/rating/4752/9

Let me know how you would like to proceed
Jon

Thanks.
I’m looking to everything and making some experiment.

First trying that I have in mind is an integration with TablePress Plugin to format the results in a table with all benefits of tablepress search, filtering, etc. without reinvent the wheel.

First tentative I made, and seems work is to use the export to a blog SW’s function, using as filename a tag that identifies the regatta and through an API call tablepress to update the data using the file as a source.

I have to find a smarter way that is usable by everyone.

Second step will be use JSON or CSV or something different to manage more complex export, but actually JSON is not compatible with TablePress JSON importer, I haven’t investigated why.
Could be an interesting project use the Wordpress XML-RPC protocol to publish everything directly from SailWave, but I have the time to develop it. Now I can afford just to make something that automatically takes the HTML table to an existing TablePress table.

Hi Brambil,

You may not be aware of this topic JSON Output Bug? - #3 by abarrow which includes a link to a newer executable only version of Sailwave which fixed an issue with the Sailwave ‘Save as JSON file’. I

You might like to update your version of Sailwave to this newer version. FYI - the latest that is available as executable only is v2-29-6. The JSON file produced by the newer version of Sailwave may be compatible with TablePress JSON importer.

Kind regards,
Huw

Yes, I had the bugged version.
However isn’t working with TablePress, maybe due the fact there are 2 fleets in my results.